The third iteration of the SIFoCC Observation Programme has come to a close.
The Programme took place over five days across the Business and Property Courts and Royal Courts of Justice in London. Participants spent time meeting with a range of stakeholders including the Lord Chief Justice, judges, court administrators and others.
The SIFoCC Observation Programme is designed to share best practice between commercial courts across member jurisdictions in areas including
- effective case management strategies in commercial cases
- interim hearings
- the use of technology in commercial dispute resolution
- managing pretrial issues
- techniques for encouraging and assisting settlement
- handling trials
- managing cases where parties are unrepresented
- decision making and reasoning
The participants were Justice Prateek Jalan and Justice Lalitha Kanneganti from India, Justice Carole Barnaby from Jamaica, Justice Dora Chepkwony from Kenya and Judge Romeo D Tagra from the Philippines.
The City of London hosted a get-together at the close of the week which provided an opportunity for reflection on the programme’s activities.